Our site is an extensive online resource where you will find natural home remedies from around the world. Here you will discover quick and easy solutions for minor ailments, as well as preventative measures for a multitude of health conditions and disease.
We hope you find this information helpful, and we welcome any comments and/or suggestions you may have to add to or improve the information we provide.
If you are new to the concept of natural healing, here’s an explanation, some benefits of nature’s treatments and ailments that can be treated naturally.
What are homeopathic remedies?
Homeopathy and herbal medicine, a centuries-old practice was used in varied cultures worldwide.
In the West, herbal treatments evolved from early Greek, Roman and Medieval traditions. Ayurveda began in India, and traditional Chinese medicine had its roots in China. Like borrowing a cup of sugar from a neighbor today, ancient civilizations would share and borrow some of their curative brew recipes.
Historically, the use of naturopathic remedies range from simple food, to much more complex herbal preparations. These mixtures were commonly prepared as a tea, or as a topical application.
Popularity for home remedies grows as more people look to nature’s very own pharmacy; unique to many, but over 4000 years-old. Mother nature is not only the new “go to” for health conditions, but to prepare healthier food, to clean homes, to eliminate insects and to clean laundry without dangerous chemicals. Women are beginning to use home-made skincare and hair products; and the list goes on and on.
There is no doubt that natural, herbal and organic remedies are here to stay.
Five Benefits of Alternative Herbal Remedies
1. Less Side Effects – Treating an ailment naturally may be less toxic with fewer side effects. For example, some over the counter medications have been known to affect various organs of the body.
2. Economical – The expense to produce and market pharmaceutical-grade drugs is passed on to the consumer. Natural healing remedies are less expensive to produce And more cost-effective to the consumer.
3. Beneficial – Using unprocessed ingredients can heal many minor illnesses. For example, pine herb may be useful to treat a wide range of ailments; you may need to take 3 or 4 over-the-counter or prescription medications to heal the same ailment.
4. Accessible – Before modern technology, people grew a variety of garden plants to use for cooking and healing. Today, people are going back to the old ways of growing organic and medicinal herbs. Supermarkets have also kept up with the supply and demand of these herbs, fruits and vegetables for those who do not have the time or interest in gardening. There are several medicinal benefits in some of the basic, everyday spices and vegetables on the short list such as: parsley, ginger, and oregano.
5. Cleanliness – You definitely know that the cooking ingredients you currently have in your kitchen are clean. However, there is never complete informationon all of the ingredients used in the manufacture of pharmaceutical grade products.
What natural remedies will I find on this site?
We seek to provide non-pharmaceutical treatments for conditions affecting just about every part of your body. We are continually adding to our list, so keep checking back and feel free to suggest a topic and/or ailment for which you would like information.
Some current topics
|Keratosis Pilaris||Hyperpigmentation||Yeast Infection|
|Bronchitis||Arthritis / Gout||Kidney Stones|
|Menopause||Sleep Apnea||Hives or Urticaria|
Articles on the horizon
It is helpful to know about natural healing philosophies and methods while learning about alternative health remedies. Most people use healing treatments in combination with those listed below. This list is just a sampling of the many holistic approaches and philosophies we will cover.
Ayurveda – the traditional Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems using diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing. It is known one of the world’s most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems.
Traditional Chinese Medicine – originated in ancient China and has evolved over thousands of years. Chinese medicine practitioners use herbal medicines and various mind-body practices, such as acupuncture and tai chi, to treat or prevent health problems. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/whatiscam/chinesemed.htm
Acupuncture – a system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the skin or tissues with needles, used to alleviate pain used to treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions. Originating in ancient China, acupuncture is now widely practiced in the West. http://www.keycompounding.com/western-medicine-discovers-the-healing-power-of-acupuncture
Acupressure – is a therapy developed over 5,000 years ago as an important aspect of Asian, especially Chinese, medicine. It uses precise finger placement and pressure over specific points along the body. These points follow specific channels, (called meridians) – the same channels used in acupuncture.
|Disclaimer:It is important to disclose to you the reader that our writers and editors provide interesting and educational content in the areas of natural treatments of minor health conditions. We research our content and articles thoroughly.However, we make no claim to the efficacy of any treatment or herbal remedy provided herein. We recommend in all instances that you consult with your local health care providers particularly in instances of serious medical conditions. All natural therapies provided here have been found to be effective by some but may not be effective for you. We accept no responsibility for outcomes encountered as the result of using a treatment provided herein.The information provided is solely for your education and entertainment.The Editors|