Home remedies for frequent urination will be best seen in this article because it provides the complete details and most effective natural and herbal remedies for frequent urination.
What is considered frequent urination?
From the word itself, frequent urination is the need to urinate more than usual. The proper medical term for this condition is “polyuria.” What is usual though for a normal human being? It really depends on each individual because not everybody urinates the same number of times all throughout the day. There are different factors to consider in terms of how many times a day each person has to go pee. Typically, at average a person urinates around 4 to 8 times during the day. Needing to urinate more than 8x could be considered as having this condition.
This urinary system disorder is described as an urgent and sudden urge to urinate which could give a discomforted feeling to the bladder. If a person needs to frequently urinate during the night time this is termed as “nocturia.” Normally, most people can sleep for the whole 8 hours without having to go to the bathroom to urinate. But the others who have to go to the bathroom more than 2 x during the night this person could have a problem.
The causes and reasons for frequent urination:
- This is a classic sign of a urinary tract infection
- Drinking too much before bedtime especially alcohol or caffeine for nocturia
- Increase in total volume of urine produced in bladder
- Dysfunctional storage and emptying of urine
- Diabetes mellitus
- Prostate problems for men
- Urinary incontinence
- Moderate to severe anxiety
- Medications such as diuretics
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Stroke and neurological conditions
- Tumor or mass in the pelvis
Symptoms of polyuria are the following:
- Urinating more than 8x during the day and more than 2x during the night
- Hesitancy – the incomplete evacuation of urine from the bladder. There may be a difficulty in starting the flow or urine
- Urgency – a discomforting feeling of pressure towards the bladder
- Urinary incontinence – the inability to control the urine flow
- Nocturia – waking up in the middle of the night to urinate more than normal
- Dysuria – a burning or painful sensation during or after urinating
- Dribbling – after urinating, the urine continues to dribble out little by little
- Straining – having to squeeze out the urine to start a flow
- More severe cases, hematuria – the appearance of blood in the urine (urine has a darker color due to the blood and urine mixing)
Contact your medical professional if you start to experience the following:
- Have a continuous fever accompanied with chills and shivering
- Back and side pain
- Increased thirst, appetite, fatigue and sudden weight loss
- Have blood in the urine
- Discharge coming from the genitals
Before starting any home remedy for constant urination, make sure that your medical professional has agreed that starting natural treatment for frequent urination is safe and will be beneficial for your condition and health.
Here is a list of home remedies for frequent urination:
- Plain yogurt. This is a very helpful treatment of frequent urination. Plain yogurt contains probiotic called “Lactobacillus acidophilus” which prevents the growth of harmful pathogens in your bladder. You can also buy probiotic capsules at your local health food store.
- Cranberry juice. If the frequent urination is caused because of a urinary tract infection. Try drinking a lot of cranberry juice all throughout the day to reduce the infection and flush out the bacteria from your urinary tract. Make sure that you are drinking 100% cranberry juice and not a cranberry juice cocktail. (Also one helpful natural remedies for urinary tract infection)
- Cornus. This is an effective herbal treatment that is used to stop frequent urination by strengthening our kidneys. You can take this in capsule form, tablet or tea.
- Panax ginseng. A popular Chinese medicine that has been used for thousands of years. Besides helping in the treatment of frequent urination, it also helps boost the immune system and lowers blood sugar. This herb, which could be purchased in herbal stores, helps relax the bladder muscle.
- Dodder “kidney herb”. The seed of this plant is used to create capsules, tables and teas that are used to treat frequent urination. When trying out the tea, drink at least 1 to 2 cups a day.
- Valerian. This is a useful frequent urination remedy, this herbal treatment relaxes the bladder muscles and stop muscle spasms.
- Milk of magnesia. This is one of the great home remedies for frequent urination for women. Consume 1 teaspoon of magnesium hydroxide daily to help treat your condition.
- Saw palmetto. Best used by men with frequent urination. This herb is helpful for prostate problems. A capsule a day (320 mg) is the typical dosage for maximum benefits. Make sure to discuss this with your health provider for the proper dosage.
The mentioned natural remedies are the best treatments out there. Make sure to consult your doctor for further information about the proper treatment for this condition. These home remedies for frequent urination is your best bet (if advised by your doctor) to getting rid of your urinary problem.
Well let me share with you a popular secret weapon that you may also obtain yourself. All you have to do is click on the image below and find out about “The Magic Natural Remedy” Besides curing frequent urination, it could also help you deal with and manage other medical conditions that you are also facing.