Suffering from a harsh cough that is associated with bronchitis?
Don’t you worry because there are natural treatments for bronchitis.
Bronchitis is an upper respiratory infection that refers to the inflammatory of the membranes of the lining of the bronchial tubes within the lungs. Bronchial tubes are the tiny air passages that connect the nasal packages to our lungs. The membranes of the lungs are vital because it traps the bacteria and foreign material that could possibly damage and infect the lungs and the entire respiratory system. This ailment could either be acute or chronic. “Acute” meaning that it can happen rapidly and short but severe on onset while “chronic” refers to long-lasting and recurrent. Bronchitis is caused by several factors and these factors include:
- Viral infections (account up to 90% to bronchitis causes)
- Bacterial infections (account up to 10%)
- Persistent exposure to airborne irritants (cigarette smoking and air pollutants)
- Weather changes
- Allergies (triggered the production of histamines)
- Low immunity
The symptoms of bronchitis are the following:
- Throat irritation (due to recurrent coughing)
- Burning feeling beneath the breastbone
- Tightness of the chest
- Shortness of breathe
- “rattling” sensation in the lungs and chest
Other generalized symptoms may include:
- Low-grade fever
- Aching of the body
Although there are natural remedies for bronchitis, prevention is the best way to go! Staying away from people with this respiratory infection is the ultimate goal. Make sure that they cover their mouths while coughing and covering their noses while sneezing because since bronchitis is an upper respiratory infection it does spread through “airbourne” transmission. It spreads along with the air particles and could travel far distances. But if you already have this ailment there are bronchitis alternative remedies.
Here are a few natural remedies for bronchitis that could really help out:
- Skunk cabbage. Relieves spasms caused by serious bronchial infections. This is the best home remedy for bronchitis that relaxes the muscles in the airways and the bronchial tree. It is hard to find skunk cabbage, the best way to go is to contact any herbal pharmacy for assistance in finding this herb.
- Isatis root. This is a herb that has natural antibacterial and antiviral properties for keeping respiratory rattles caused by this infection. Take 35 drops of the tincture every few hours. Since it does have a bitter taste you could try to drop a little on your tongue and quickly drink a glass of juice to make the medicine go down faster.
- Echinacea. This is one of the most effective natural bronchitis remedy. Using the Echinacea at the first sign of a crackle in the throat because it could help your immunity system even before you acquire the infection. Take one to three herbal capsules three times a day with meals.
- Orange juice and water. People with acute bronchitis should take orange juice and water till the acute symptoms subside. For three days it is smart to adopt an all-fruit diet.
- Fresh air and outdoor exercise. This is one of the safest to natural cure bronchitis. A person with bronchitis should be advised to take a morning walk every day.
IF you suffer from bronchitis, try out these home remedies for bronchitis! Always keep in mind that if you suffer from severe bronchitis, medical consultation is best compared to natural remedies for bronchitis. This articles is used for informational purposes and is not intended to provide medical advice.
Even with all information I have provided up top in the article, I’m pretty sure that you’re still itching to find out more regarding bronchitis. By simply clicking on the image below, you can read all about a wonderful ebook that could help you a great deal when it comes to medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, bronchitis, constipation and many others.