There is a way to cure acid reflux!
Read on and discover the natural reflux remedy!
Acid reflux is medically termed as “reflux esophagitis” or GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease). It is a digestive system disorder just like constipation that is the inflammation of the esophagus from the regurgitation of the acid contents of the stomach. Have you ever heard of the term “heart burn?”
That is the phrase used for the reflux of acid, but don’t be confused because it isn’t actually the heart burning because it has nothing to do with your heart. It’s more of the burning sensation that you feel because of the acid raising up. Around 1 out of 10 people in the United States experience acid reflux from time to time. Some being mild while others are more frequent and severe.
The symptoms of acid reflux are the following:
- Heart burn (the burning sensation of acid raising up to the esophagus and throat)
- A bitter taste at the back of the throat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- A cough that is chronic in nature
- Hoarseness due to damage of the larynx in more severe cases
The causes of acid reflux could be a variety of sources. It could be due to the lower esophageal sphincter not functioning properly which tends to allow the acid to raise upward from the stomach to the esophagus and throat. Other grounds for heartburn could be because of pregnancy (around the third trimester), eating large, heavy meals, Hiatal hernia (a condition where the upper part of the stomach protrudes into a person’s chest through a tiny opening in the diaphragm, peptic ulcers, smoking and alcohol.
The natural home treatments that could be very beneficial:
- Apple cider vinegar. This is one of the natural remedies for acid reflux. Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to ½ glass of water and drink this while eating dinner.
- Ginger root. This natural herb is known to calm the nerves and also absorb acid from the stomach which could help out a great deal in acid reflux. You can try buying ginger root capsules at natural health stores and take it daily right after dinner.
- Anise and lavender tea. This is one of the herbal reflux cures that is very helpful. It relieves symptoms of heartburn because it tends to reduce the acid in your stomach. All you have to do is mix equal amounts of aniseed and lavender. After which you boil 2 ½ cups of distilled water. Pour the boiling water over a teaspoon of the herbal mixture and let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Strain the tea while adding a teaspoon of honey for a sweeter flavour. You can then drink around 8 ounces of this tea in the morning and the same amount in the evening for instant relief of acid reflux.
Since people don’t have to worry so much about the symptoms that come with it. Since heartburn can be very discomforting to any individual, these natural remedy acid reflux could assist in preventing that uneasy feeling acid reflux could have on you.
Besides the natural remedies you read above in the article, I think you deserve to learn more about a Proven Holistic 5-Step System for curing acid reflux. Read about real people with real results. Interested? Click on the link below and read on about an astonishing treatment for this medical condition.