Since sore throat occurs to millions of people all over the world, natural sore throat remedies have really made its way to natural remedy sites to help out those who are experiencing this ailment.
Sore throat could be termed as pharyngitis or tonsillitis. Sore throat is actually a symptom that people feel when they have the oral health disease that affects the pharynx and tonsils. A sore throat could be caused either by a bacteria or virus. The people who tend to acquire a sore throat are usually children. But it does occur with any age.
The ways of contracting a sore throat are the following:
- People experiencing a common cold that is caused by a virus. The most common are influenza and Epstein-Barr virus. This may be caught through airborne droplets. Not washing the hands, coughing and sneezing are a few ways to contract it.
- Streptococcus group A is the most common bacteria that cause a sore throat.
Symptoms of sore throat:
- Pain and difficulty swallowing
- A throat that appears red when viewed by the doctor
- Swollen tonsils
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck area
- Pain that may radiate to the ears if worsening
- Possible a high temperature
If the cause of the sore throat is due to a viral infection the symptoms may seem milder and this may be connected to a common cold. If the sore throat is due to Coxsackie virus, the tonsils and small palate may develop small blisters. The blisters may erupt in a couple days and it will follow with a scab that could be very painful if not treated. But if the sore throat is caused by a streptococcal infection, there could be swelling of the tonsils that appear coated while the throat is sore also. It could also be accompanied with a high temperature and a foul smelling breath.
How to diagnose a sore throat:
The doctor may get a throat sample of the secretions to identify it.
If a sore throat isn’t managed properly complication may arise. Secondary infections may arise such as infections in the sinuses, middle ear and chest. If the sore throat is caused by a bacteria, mainly streptococcus, scarlet fever could possibly arise. In much more serious cases, if a throat abscess forms on one side, diseases such as rheumatic fever or kidney diseases may occur.
The following are the best natural sore throat remedies:
- Honey. A great natural relief for sore throat indeed. With its antibacterial properties, honey can speed of the healing process of a sore throat. Try putting 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey in a cup of hot water or herbal tea. Make sure to let it cool to a comfortable temperature before drinking it because heat can further aggravate the throat.
- Garlic. Try garlic as a natural sore throat treatment. It helps fight the infection because dried garlic has antibacterial and antiseptic components. Try it by chopping dried garlic and put it in warm water and drink as a tea.
- Vitamin C. One of the best natural solutions for sore throats. Take vitamin C 3x a day to boost your immune system. Don’t take more than 3 tablets because it could lead to diarrhea, if so, reduce the dose as soon as possible. Another one effective common colds remedies.
- Warm lemonade with honey. Since honey can help kill bacteria, to relieve the pain, try warm lemonade in combination with honey. Get half a lemon and squeeze it into warm water and add honey for that soothing relief.
- Marshmallow root. One great natural cure for sore throats. Make a tea with this root. Steep 2 teaspoons of this herb in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain it and take it as a drink. Drink 3 to 5 cups of this to help soothe sore throat.
- Turmeric powder. Try out turmeric powder as a solution to gargle. Combine this to a cup of water, half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Gargle 3x a day and provide relief. If you don’t want to gargle with this concoction, you can mix it with hot milk and drink it 2x a day.
- Tamarind powder. Use this sore throat remedy as a gargle solution. Get tamarind powder from the dry leaves and prepare it into a solution.
- Liquorice or licorice. As one effective natural sore throat remedies, try chewing or sucking on a small piece of raw liquorice to help treat this condition.
- Cinnamon powder. Get a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon and boil it with a glass of water including a pinch of pepper powder. Also add in 2 teaspoons of honey. You can also use cinnamon oil mixed with honey to also help soothe the pain.
- Ginger, cinnamon and honey. Since cinnamon and ginger have properties to help heal, this is a very effective natural remedy for sore throat. Mix this together with warm water and drink as a tea.
Natural sore throat remedies are your best bet to fight off this nasty symptom, it won’t cost you a lot and it could be very beneficial in the long run.
Learn more about “The Magic Natural Remedy” in Jack Chang’s ebook that could do wonders for you and your health. By simply clicking on the image below you can get a glimpse about how effective and safe his “magic natural remedy” is. You can also read about successful testimonials of other people who have actually tried it and had no regrets. So don’t be that one person to regret not even reading about Jack Chang’s eBook wonder. Give it just 5-10 minutes of your time and it could possibly do your health a BIG favor!