Having a penile yeast infection may be an embarrassing matter to discuss with someone other than a doctor. Sometimes even bringing it up with your healthcare provider may be quite uncomfortable too.
This is where I come in 🙂 I want to provide you with the basic yet vital information about penile yeast infections. Also providing you with alternative natural remedies that may help you out in the mild forms of this type of infection.
Before continuing with this article, please do keep in mind that trying out these natural treatments are something to consider IF the symptoms of the infection are still mild. With more severe symptoms, it is always BEST to contact your doctor about it. These do-it-yourself remedies aren’t here to make you stray away from your healthcare professional but to provide treatments that may help in relieving symptoms of mild infection.
With all those thoughts in mind, let us now begin with the information we all want to know about penile yeast infections.
What exactly is a penis fungal infection and how do men get it?
To answer the obvious, yes, only men can get a penile yeast infection. When a man is diagnosed with this, it doesn’t entirely mean that they have been sexually active to have contracted candida albicans (which is the type of yeast causing this infection). It could have been other factors for them to have contracted this yeast infection such as:
- A weak immune system in which controlling the growth of the yeast cannot be prevented
- Not giving the penis enough ventilation because yeast thrives on environments that are warm and moist
- Diabetic men are also more prone to this infection because of the sugar in the urine which supplies the yeast with food causing it to growth
- The most common reason for obtaining this infection is unprotected sexually intercourse especially if the female has an existing yeast infection which could definitely be transferred through the urethral canal
Something interesting and quite scary about men and yeast infections is that many men don’t find out about their yeast infection until many years of actually having it. The fact of the matter is that the temperature of the penis is at around 77 degrees. But during sexual intercourse, the penis goes inside the vagina which gives it a warm temperature which may enable the yeast infection to activate and start spreading.
What are the symptoms that males may experience in having a penile yeast infection?
- Bumpy and itchy rash along the shaft of the penis (feeling the most discomfort at the tip of the head of the penis)
- Redness or irritation on the penis
- Some experience creamy discharge that come out of the penis
- Pain during intercourse may be felt
- Swelling of the head of the penis
- In more severe cases, the rashes may develop into lesions or sores and cases bleeding if not treated by a medical professional
How is it diagnosed?
The best way to find out if you have a penile yeast infection is to visit your doctor as soon as you start experiencing the symptoms mentioned above. Your doctor will examine it thoroughly and may ask some questions to properly diagnose. They may also get a swab of the affected area of the penis for further analysis under a microscope.
- Apple cider vinegar. Make sure that you use raw apple cider vinegar when using this treatment. Do not apply this vinegar directly on the skin because it is very strong and may cause further irritation of the skin. Add a cup of this to a warm tub with water and soak in it for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Aloe vera gel. This is a natural anti-fungal remedy to help treat many types of infections and also help prevent recurrent infections. You can apply this gel directly on the affected area.
- Cranberry juice. This is a good remedy for treating a male yeast infection because it could help prevent it. It tends to restore good acidophilus bacteria level thus the reason to prevent recurrent infections. Drink cranberry juice at least two to three times daily or until symptoms are clear.
- Coconut oil. Since coconut contains natural fatty acids that treat infections quickly and effectively it is known to be good to help treat them. Before every meal, try to consume a teaspoon of coconut oil daily. You could also apply cold coconut oil on the affected area if you choose not to consume it.
- Garlic. With its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, this natural herb can quickly and effectively treat infections. Chop two garlic cloves and add it with a glass of warm water or milk and drink it every day. You can also apply the liquid made or oil of garlic to the affected area twice daily.
- Lemon juice. This type of juice is filled with vitamin C and helps restore the PH balance of the body. Create a solution by adding two tablespoons of lemon juice to a quart of warm water and soak it on the affected area daily. You can soak it in the liquid for at least 10 to 15 minutes every day.
- Honey. Like lemon, it also restores the PH balance of our bodies. You can try applying honey to the affected area for 20 minutes at least twice a day. Wash it off thoroughly afterwards with luke warm water.
- Oregano oil. When buying oregano oil at natural food stores, make sure you purchase one with a high content of “carvacrol” (at least more than 68%) because it is very effective in treating infections. Mix this oil with olive oil, water or coconut oil because it is quite strong. Apply it directly to the affected area.
- Tea tree oil. This has natural anti-fungal components to fight yeast infections. Create a mixture by adding a few drops of this oil with a teaspoon of sweet almond oil. You can apply this solution to the affected area with a cotton swab.
- Yogurt. Always a favorite when it comes to treating yeast infections. It could be used both externally and internally. Do not use sweetened yogurts for it may worsen the infection because yeast feeds on sugar. Dab on a small amount of unsweetened yogurt to the area that is affected twice daily.
These natural remedies are the popular natural treatments for helping with male yeast infections. It could help soothe and possibly cure mild cases of penile yeast infections. If cases are more severe though, make sure that you set an appointment with your healthcare provider as soon as possible. You can also ask your doctor about these natural remedies because it could save you money along the way.
Want to learn about the “only Holistic System that can permanently cure your yeast infection, eliminate Candida and regain your natural inner balance…”? If the answer to that question is a “YES”, I highly suggest the image below this article. You could learn about a very unique 5-Step Method to cure yeast infections. It could do wonders for your current yeast infection with its holistic approach.