Home Remedies for Indigestion: Learn all about the natural treatments!
Natural home remedies for heartburn are a popular hit nowadays on the internet because it is one of the most prevalent digestive problems. Other terms for ingestion are “dyspepsia” “acid reflux” and “heartburn.” It is described as a feeling of fullness in the stomach or mild to severe discomfort during or after a meal.
Indigestion is a digestive system ailment that could be taken as a sign of another underlying problem such as ulcers, gallbladder problems and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The reason for that “acidic” feeling in the stomach is because stomach acids rise to the esophagus. Just like hemorrhoids, indigestion is a problem of the digestive system that could be unpleasant.
Symptoms of indigestion may be triggered in times of stress and these include the following:
- Growling stomach
- Acidic taste in the mouth
- Bloating (Feeling of fullness)
- Burping and flatulence (farting)
- Burning sensation in the stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain in the abdomen
The people that are at risk in developing this digestive problem are both sexes and is quite common. The risk continues to rise when a person takes in large consumption of alcohol, use of drugs that may affect the stomach and other ailments that cause a disturbance in the stomach, even emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
Certain medications such as aspirin, other pain killers, oral contraceptives, steroids, certain antibiotics and thyroid medication can cause heartburn. A person’s lifestyle also increases the risk to attaining this digestive problem. Eating too much or too fast or foods with high-fat content is a common risk factor.
Home remedies for acid reflux are highly searched in the internet because so many people are experiencing it especially with the busy lifestyle and stress in daily life. These natural remedies for heartburn are effective and it doesn’t cost a whole lot to treat the mild symptoms of this condition.
Here are a few effective and yet affordable home remedies for indigestion:
- Drink warm liquids. Instead of drinking cold drinks during meals, try out warmer liquids because cold temperatures inactivate digestive enzymes. Warm peppermint tea and ginger tea are the best for indigestion.
- Licorice. One of the popular indigestion remedies is taking 380mg of licorice. Make sure it isn’t the sugar-free ones. Chew 2 tablets 20 minutes before each meal.
- Ginger Tea. Add one spoonful of garlic, honey and lemon in a cup of hot water.
- Don’t eat within two hours before bedtime. This is to ensure that your stomach is empty when you sleep.
- Sleep with your upper body elevated. Make sure to raise your upper body at least 6-8 inches when in bed. This home treatment should be done by placing a phone book under the legs of the bed because pillows won’t work.
- Pineapple juice. Should be taken after every meal because it is effective as a home remedy for indigestion.
- Mix of baking soda and water. Combine these two in equal parts in a glass for immediate relief.
- Cumin seeds (jeera). Mix one teaspoon of cumin seeds in a glass with water. One effective home remedies for indigestion.
- Cinnamon water. A tablespoon of this should be taken an hour after meals. It will relieve flatulence and indigestion.
These natural treatments for acid reflux should be used only with mild symptoms of heartburn because more serious and severe cases should be reported to your doctor. The home remedies for indigestion mentioned are the most popular ones up to date, used by many and said to be very successful.
Do you want to know about a system that more than 154,000 men and women worldwide have tried and proved to be successful? I’m sure we all want to know! Get your chance to eliminate heartburn and keep it away! Click on the flashing image below and learn more about this system.