Natural arthritis pain relief are widely asked about because of the increasing incidence of arthritis. It’s all about going the “natural way” to cure conditions because medications and other medical procedures could have unwanted side effects. If pain relief for arthritis could be treated at home, then go for it!
Arthritis is a skeletal systemcondition that is known to be the inflammation of the joints. A joint is described to be the area where two bones in the body meet. In the entire body there are more than 100 different types of joints.
The main cause of arthritis is when something goes wrong with the joint(s). Something going wrong depends on the type of arthritis the person may have. Some reasons could be the cartilage wearing away due to old age, lack of synovial fluid, your body becoming autoimmune (when your body attacks itself), infection or a combination of these mentioned causes.
Types of arthritis and their symptoms:
Osteoarthritis (OA)– this is where the cartilage loses its elasticity. When the cartilage is stiff it can damage easily and it could damage tendons and ligaments causing pain. The worst pain could occue when it starts to rub against the bone. The most common joints affected are the hips, hands, knees and spine. The symptoms are:
- joint pain during and after movement
- stiff joints especially in the morning
- a grating sensation may be felt when joint is in use
- hard lumps may appear around the joint
- swelling of joints (a gout symptom also)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) – this occurs when the synovial membrane is being attacked and it results in pain and swelling. If this type is left untreated, this could lead to deformities. The common joints affected are the fingers, wrists, arms and legs. The symptoms are:
- symptoms are worst upon waking up in the morning (can occur for more than 30 minutes)
- hands may be red and swollen
- rheumatoid nodules may be present
- fatigue can occur
- weight loss is also common
- Infectious (septic arthritis) – this is an infection within the synovial fluid and tissues within the joint itself. The joints affected are the fingers, elbows, wrists, shoulder and knees. The symptoms are:
- low-grade fever
- joint inflammation and swelling
- feeling of sharp pain
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA)– this type occurs in people under the age of 16 years old.There are also 3 different types of this which are:
- Pauciarticular JRA – most common the mildest form. The child could experience pain in up to 4 different joints
- Polyarticular JRA – more joints affected and a little more severe.
- Systemic JRA – rare form but pain is experienced in many joints. This type could spread to organs and the most serious type of JRA
- intermittent fever that peak in the evening and disappear afterwards
- poor appetite accompanied with weightloss
- blotchy rashes on arms and legs
- Anemia is also common with this medical condition
- may experience stiff neck, hips and other joints
- Physical examination and medical history
- Blood tests
- Joint x-rays
- Removal of joint fluid for further analysis
When to contact your healthcare professional:
Before you start any alternative arthritis pain relief, make sure to consult your doctor so they can give you the heads up if you are appropriate for it. You need to consult with him before to make sure that it could still be treated at home or if you might need more medical treatments. Contact your doctor if the following are experienced:
- Joint pain lasts for 3 days
- Pain is more severe during the passing days
- Affected joint swells more than normal
- If there is a hard time moving the joint
- If you have sudden weight loss or high grade fever
Early diagnosis and treatment is the best way to prevent further joint damage. Avoid excessive, repeated motions to prevent further damage. Lastly, do what your doctor tells you to do to know how to properly manage this medical condition.
Here is a list of natural pain relief for arthritis:
- Tumeric. Since turmeric has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, it is great for helping with symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Try taking 400 to 600 mg of turmeric every day in capsule form. Don’t take this herb if you are taking blood thinning medications.
- Cayenne pepper. This is an alternative arthritis pain relief. Especially for joint pain. It releases natural endorphins in the body that act as painkillers. Add 1 ½ tablespoons of cayenne pepper to ½ cup of cocoa butter and apply it to the skin. Refrain from this herbal pain relief if you suffer from GERD or gastric ulcers.
Ginger root. Since ginger root has gingerols which helps in reducing the production of prostaglandins (chemicals that cause inflammation), this could help reduce it. You can consume it in raw or capsule form. Make a tea with it by steeping it for 10-15 minutes in boiling water and strain it. Consult your doctor before consuming if you are taking blood thinning drug.
- Alfalfa. Consume this in tea form to be easily absorbed by the body. Add 1 ounce of afalfa in a pot of 1 quart of water and let it boil. Let it boil for 30 minutes and strain it. Drink the tea as many times during the day. Consume it for only 3 weeks and stop for a week. Repeat the cycle after.
- Yucca. This herb can relieve pain effectively. Root of yucca have properties that help in destroying free radicals in the body. Consume 1,000 mg of this root every day.
- Flaxseed. This is a natural arthritis pain relief. It can be found in omega 3 fatty acids because this can treat inflammation and pain. Add 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil and consume in whole form. Do not heat or cook the seeds because it will destroy the nutritive value.
- Green tea. This contains polyphenols and antioxidants that can protect the body from harmful free radicals.
- Massage. One of the effective arthritis natural remedies to reduce pain and inflammation. Try massaging the affected areas with warm olive oil once or twice a day.
- Black sesame seeds. Try soaking black sesame seeds overnight and consume it when you rise in the morning. This is a natural arthritis cure.
- Castor oil and orange juice. Take both of these in the morning and take it for 9 weeks and stop for 6 weeks. Repeat the cycle again after.
These natural arthritis treatments are very popular and widely used today. Make sure to talk with your doctor about the possibilities and the right natural pain relief for you so that there will be no unwanted side effects in conjunction with medical treatments.
Read all about a natural and effective arthritis remedy to relieve your problems. I’m sure you want a solution that actually works and isn’t too complicated to understand and try out. Click on the link below and be guided with your arthritis relief miracle!