Natural remedies for athletes foot could be found on many natural skin remedies’ site, but how can you be sure that those remedies are effective? Here are the helpful and easy to do natural home remedies for athletes foot.
Athletes foot, is a skin infection and also known as “tinea pedis.” This is a foot infection that has a fungus to blame. This certain fungus may grow on the top layer of the skin on your feet that may later on spread to the palms of the hands, groin area and other parts of the body if not treated correctly. This fungus loves areas of the body that give off warmth and are always moist.
Athletes foot is the most common fungal infection there is because it spreads quickly and without notice. This type of fungal infection are very contagious and could be spread from one person to another or walking on and touching objects that have been contaminated with this fungus. The duration of athletes foot may last for a couple weeks or months to years depending on how the person treats this skin condition. It may also come back even after a person’s treatment.
Risk Factors in acquiring this fungal infection (athlete foot):
- A person who frequently goes to swimming pools, gyms, locker rooms and nail salons that have contaminated floors
- A person who has an minor opened wound or nail injury for entry of the fungus
- Wearing contaminated items such as socks and clothing
- Wearing shoes that are closed and have plastic lining
- A person that keep their feet wet for long periods of time
- Sweating excessively
Symptoms of Athletes Foot are:
- Red and itchy skin
- Cracking, peeling and flaking
- A burning sensation followed with a stinging pain
- (in nails) a discoloration in the nail that becomes thick and tends to crumble
- More severe cases, blisters that could ooze
This nasty fungal infection is very uncomfortable to have. That is the reason why there are home remedies for athletes foot available for all those who have this problem. It’s not only safe and effective but it could also help lessen the unpleasant symptoms of this infection.
Natural Remedies for Athletes Foot
- Betadine (povidone-iodine). To kill that nasty fungus that cases athletes foot, fill a basin with a quart of warm water and add in two spoonfuls of betadine. You then soak your feet in the water for around 10-15 minutes.
- Ozonated olive oil. The best cure for athletes foot is using 02-ZAP. Wash your feet thoroughly with warm water and mild or antifungal soap. After which you can then add the paste to your dry feet every morning and night. This should clear up the fungus within an average of 3 to 5 days. You can also use this for outbreaks in the future.
- Apple cider vinegar. Since apple cider vinegar is acidic in natural, this is a great natural remedy for athletes foot because it could kill the fungus causing the infection. All you have to do is dilute a cup of this apply cider vinegar in an equal amount of water so that you can use it as a wash for the affected area of the skin. For more severe cases, you can try undiluted apple cider vinegar for a stronger treatment.
- Organic ginger. This is a helpful herbal remedy for athletes footsince ginger is a strong anti-fungal agent. Obtain an ounce of freshly chopped organic ginger and add it to a cup of boiling water. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Once it’s cooled, apply it at least twice daily to your clean feet.
- Sesame and raw virgin coconut oil. This type of oil also has anti-fungal components and could be used as treatment for athletes foot. Apply this on clean feet using a cotton ball at least 2 to 3 times a day. (One of those effective natural remedies for psoriasis also)
- Organic corn starch or baking soda. Before putting on socks in the morning, try sprinkling a small amount of organic corn starch or baking soda on your toes. This could possible soak up the moisture in the morning. It is not a natural remedy for the itch but it will soak up the moisture.
- Organic garlic. You can try crushing fresh garlic cloves and placing it in between your toes. Leave it there for a whole day. The smell might be a little uncomfortable to the nose but it will definitely help treat athletes foot.
- Cotton socks. One of the simplest and helpful natural remedies for athletes foot is using cotton socks on dried feet. Cotton allows the passage of air throughout the material so that sweat won’t be trapped inside. Expose your feet from time to time in fresh air if possible.
Athletes foot doesn’t have to be difficult to treat especially with the proper tips for getting rid of it. Try out these natural remedies for athletes foot and be amazed by the quick results especially when used religiously.
Most of the natural remedies mentioned above are the most common treatments for athlete’s foot. But if your anxious and curious to find out more about this condition and other safe and successful treatments to get rid of any yeast infection, then click on the image link below and read away!