Scabies natural remedies are the first line of defense when it comes to treating scabies especially when it is mild. The herbs and essential oils that are mentioned to treat scabies are not hard to find and won’t cost you a whole ton of money. Get the basics and natural remedies for scabies as you read on.
Before we move on, what is scabies?
Scabies is an skin condition that starts from the infestation of scabies mites which forms a “scabies rash” (the first symptom of this ailment). The skin rash that it forms is an allergic reaction to the toxins by these parasite mites (which comes from the eggs, secretions and feces of these mites). This skin rash is very itchy and may be inflamed that could be unpleasant and cause scales and blisters on the surface of the skin.
The scabies rash is said to be similar to other medical disorders of the integumentary system. Some of the skin conditions that this rash is similar to are chicken pox, eczema and dermatitis. The symptom of itchiness along with inflammation on the surface of the skin is common to the clinical conditions mentioned. Scabies needs proper diagnosis since the symptoms might not be very specific to this condition.
What causes scabies?
Scabies could happen equally among men and women in all age groups. This parasite could be acquired by direct contact with people who are infected. The outbreak of scabies is very much common in nursing facilities, day care centers for children and nursing homes.
The scabies’ mites dig into the skin of the person and lay their eggs. It takes 21 days for the scabies’ eggs to mature and that is when the itchy rash creates an allergic reaction.
What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Rashes that are numerous in between the fingers
- Itching during the night
- From the recurrent trauma, sores and abrasions may form from the frequent scratching
- Pencil-mark lines on the skin (from the burrowing of the mite into the skin)
- (In baby’s skin) May have pimple-like sores over the trunk or small blisters on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet
- (In young children) The head, neck, shoulders, palms and soles may have sores all throughout
- (In older children) the hands, wrists, abdomen and genitals are involved
Here is a list of scabies natural remedies that you could try out if the symptoms are mild and could still be treated at home:
- Peppermint. Since peppermint has a healing and soothing asset in cases of scabies, you could use this to ease the itching. It could also kill the parasitic mites that could make the condition work. All you need is a mixture of peppermint and olive oil that you could apply on the skin. Make sure to leave this mixture cream on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. You can do this 3x a day.
- St. John’s Wort. This herbal treatment for scabies works great! The herb, St. John’s Wort provides instant relief from itching also. Keep the stems of St. John’s Wort soaked in primrose oil. You can then apply this solution to the affected areas on your skin.
- Onions. Onion is also another scabies natural treatment. Since onion contains a substance called “quercetin” which helps soothe the scabies affected areas of the skin. Try boiling 6 onions in a quart of water for 30 minutes. Let it cool down and spread it all throughout the body. This is an effective natural home treatment for scabies.
- Tea tree oil. This oil has antiseptic properties which is very helpful in fighting parasitic infections. Try a mixture of 12 drops of tea tree oil and a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Apply this concoction on the affected areas for instant relief.
- Aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is a scabies natural remedy treatment that provides anti-inflammatory effects. It could also provide healing and kill the mites all together. This is a quick fix to provide instant relief of the pain from the continuous itching. All you have to do is take the leaves of the plant and cut it down the middle. Make sure you remove the sharp edges and you can rub it on the lesions. Leave on the gel from the plant until its dry then you can wash it off with warm water. Repeat it for better results or until the lesions have healed.
- Vinegar. Vinegar is known to have acidic properties that could kill the mites. This is one of the toughest and effective scabies natural remedies you could try out. Dilute the vinegar in water before applying it to the skin. Continue this treatment for at least a week to get rid of the insects and eggs while aiding the healing process.
- Oatmeal. Another way to reduce itching is taking a couple spoonfuls of oatmeal and add it to your bath water. You can soak in it for 30 minutes to get maximum effects. (Could also be one of the effective natural remedies for eczema)
Those are the top effective home remedies for scabies that have been proven successful. Make sure that you or the person you know has been properly diagnosed with scabies to be sure. These scabies natural remedies could be tried out when the scabies is mild in natural.
Even though you have been provided with safe, inexpensive and effective treatments to help you manage your scabies condition, I’m sure that you’re still curious in finding out more. Click below and view products that could also do wonders for you and your skin. Acquire knowledge and succeed in your goal to look good and build up your self-esteem.